What about the tenants who pour bacon fat down the kitchen sink or think nothing of flushing diapers? Don’t they share some of the responsibility? Absolutely, but if you haven’t included a lease clause to cover plumbing stoppages, your responsibility to maintain the unit could leave you holding the bag!
Here are a few tips for landlords in the Northwest Suburbs –
1. Have the tenant sign a plumbing lease clause.
2. Provide basic clogging tools such as plungers.
3. Avoid harsh drain cleaner.
4. Treat your property’s pipes every month.
5. Have a professional plumber on speed dial!
Not a bad idea. If you are a landlord in the Elgin area you can rely on the company that property owners have counted on for plumbing problems for decades. That’s Tom’s Plumbing serving the Northwest Suburbs of Chicagoland. You don’t have to keep them on speed dial, but you sure should remember the name…Tom’s Plumbing. Just call (847) 697-6444.